This photo is from yesterday afternoon. Wally shared our status with a buddy of his who's got a bit more mileage under his belt when it comes to brewing. He indicated we may want to consider putting together a secondary airlock and tube that would drain into another bucket so as to eliminate any overflow and loss of precious product. I went to O'Sheas yesterday and went over everything with them. I told them about the whole process, including the minor mistakes, and then I showed them our pictures. They said we're looking really good and do not need the additional overflow set-up. We may want to consider it for future brewing, but he indicated you really only need it if it appears that the beer is really churning and will likely overflow. He said he thought it was ready to bottle, but to be sure we need to measure the specific gravity of the brew for 3 days. If the reading is consistent for 3 days, then we're good to go and we can bottle.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
03.08.09 - Looking Good
This photo is from yesterday afternoon. Wally shared our status with a buddy of his who's got a bit more mileage under his belt when it comes to brewing. He indicated we may want to consider putting together a secondary airlock and tube that would drain into another bucket so as to eliminate any overflow and loss of precious product. I went to O'Sheas yesterday and went over everything with them. I told them about the whole process, including the minor mistakes, and then I showed them our pictures. They said we're looking really good and do not need the additional overflow set-up. We may want to consider it for future brewing, but he indicated you really only need it if it appears that the beer is really churning and will likely overflow. He said he thought it was ready to bottle, but to be sure we need to measure the specific gravity of the brew for 3 days. If the reading is consistent for 3 days, then we're good to go and we can bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment