Thanks to everyone for a great time last night. I'm cautiously optimistic that we've created a good product. We made a couple of mistakes, for which I accept full responsibility as Brewmaster, but all in all, I think we did a great job. We've got one under our belt, the worst is over, so let's get ready for the next one!
A couple of you have discussed starting the next batch when we bottle the Disturbance Ale. In most cases, we would bottle the current batch within 2 weeks. However, and as Wally indicated, we may want to consider a pour and secondary fermentation into the plastic bucket. We'd do this next week and then bottle after the batch has fermented in the plastic bucket for another week. Don't get your panties in a bunch, unless that's your thang (which is fine by me), we do not need to meet if we want to do a secondary fermentation. It's extremely easy to do and we have all the equipment. Let me know if you would prefer this method and I'll do it. As always, majority rules so get a damn quorum going!
Keep in mind, once we bottle, we've got another 2 weeks until we can officially pour and consume. As such, I think we should seriously consider starting another batch pretty soon.
Thanks again for a great time.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment